GSW vs CLE Dream11: COVID-19 has once again managed to disrupt the rhythm of the world and well, the NBA, being a part of this very world has been hit too. But forget about that, this game is a sort of comeback party and as the Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr said, will be an “emotional night”. Why? Well, Klay Thompson last played in the 2019 NBA Finals and hasn’t played in more than 2 years on the big stage.
Anyway, he will hit the floor after a long time, as the Golden State Warriors will host the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Warriors are one of the two best teams record-wise with 29 wins and just nine losses. On the other hand, the Cavaliers have won 22 games and have lost 17 games. What version of Klay will be seen here?
The Warriors look like one of the title favorites right now and when I look at the team depth, I see the team having every type of player which means this team has a lot of all-around players, defensive studs, isolation options, a team that can open up lanes due to their three-point shooting, in-between game, and the paint production as well.
The Cavaliers are a difficult team to deal with for one simple reason. They have a lot of length upfront. Perhaps they are the only team that can field four forwards in the starting lineup and have two more coming off the bench. See, we will discuss the aspect further in the section about the Cavaliers team description.
Host: Golden State Warriors
Visitors: Cleveland Cavaliers
Match Timing: 10 January, @ 07:00 AM
Venue: Chase Center
NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Warriors: Klay is back and that is a major storyline for many reasons
Klay Thompson is one of the best shooters to ever play in the NBA and his defensive tools also make him one of the best two-way guards to play the game. However, he hasn’t played in over two years, and adjusting to the league’s pace can be tough. Still, for someone who has scored 20+ points per game and has made the best defensive teams in the league shake their heads, I believe Klay will figure it out soon. His return is not that easy to accommodate for coach Steve Kerr who will have to make a ton of roster adjustments. See, Jordan Poole and Gary Payton have played regular minutes at the guard position and while Poole has scored 16+ points regularly this season, Payton has been an exciting two-way threat and a fan favorite in the team. So, how will those minutes be adjusted? How many minutes will Klay play here? Still, with Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green, Looney, Porter Jr., Poole, Iguodala, Payton II, Bjelica, Toscano-Anderson, Lee, and soon to be returning Wiseman, the Warriors look a scary scary outfit.
Cavaliers: Forwards galore!
Cavaliers love their bigs! The team features two Power Forwards and two Centers in the starting lineup, which is unheard of even in the Center-based eras during the 50s-70s era. With these Power Forwards/Centers, there are a couple of advantages, one, you get a size advantage on a nightly basis, and secondly, the potential for both defensive and offensive rebounding is high. Markkanen is more of a two-guard floor-stretcher and off-the-catch player at this point but of course, it is Darius Garland’s passing, shooting, and driving that has made this four-Forward/two Center lineup work. Off the bench, Kevin Love is another Power Forward who can shoot, drive, rebound, and defend at a high clip. With Cedi Osman, the team gets a reliable scorer off the bench and the new acquisition of Rondo to fill in for Rubio may work but we will see. Overall, the Cavaliers are obsessed with Power Forwards and I am highly interested to see how this works out in the long run.
Golden State Warriors | Cleveland Cavaliers
Games: 39| 39
Wins: 30| 22
Defeats: 09| 17
Golden State Warriors vs Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Live, Team News and Lineups
Golden State Warriors Team News
- Klay Thompson will make his return after an absence of more than two years.
- James Wiseman is OUT for the game
- Juan Toscano-Anderson is QUESTIONABLE for the game
Warriors Expected Starting Five
Wings/Forwards: SF: Andrew Wiggins PF: Draymond Green
Middle: C: Kevon Looney
Guards: SG: Klay Thompson PG: Stephen Curry
BENCH: Nemanja Bjelica, Jordan Poole, Andre Iguodala, Juan Toscano-Anderson(QUESTIONABLE), Otto Porter Jr., Damion Lee, Jonathan Kuminga, Gary Payton II, Jeff Dowtin, Quindary Weatherspoon, Chris Chiozza.
Cleveland Cavaliers Team News
- Collin Sexton is OUT for the game and will potentially miss the rest of the season.
- Ricky Rubio is OUT for the game and probably for the season
- Isaac Okoro is OUT here and will be gone long-term
Cavaliers Expected Starting Five
Frontline: PF: Evan Mobley SF: Lauri Markkanen C: Jarrett Allen F: LaMar Stevens
Guards: PG: Darius Garland
BENCH: Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo, Cedi Osman, Dylan Windler, Ed Davis, RJ Nembhard Jr. Kevin Pangos.
NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Klay Thompson(GSW) will make his return after more than two years and it will be interesting to see how the superstar plays. Thompson has had multiple seasons with 20+ PPG
and is one of the best defenders at the perimeter. What version of Klay will we see in this game?
Darius is having a breakout season and he has taken the reins of the Cavs as the primary scorer after already having been the primary playmaker. The Guard has at least clipped 22 points in the last six games giving assists in the 6-10 range. Garland can be selected as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 35-47
Stephen Curry (GSW) missed the last game due to rest purposes. He has shot below 20% if we combine the last two games but that may change after he has rested well. The Guard on average scores in the 24-34 points range and clinches 4-6 rebounds and dishes 4-6 assists a game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 40-53
Allen is one of the gutsiest rebounders who can also finish strong near the rim and has become an elite defender too. Allen has scored in the 13-21 points and has grabbed 11-13 rebounds a game regularly this game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 34-42
Draymond Green(GSW) also rested for the last game and the two-way leader has been phenomenal again this season. Green figures in 6-9 points, 8-13 rebounds, and 7-12 assists a game range along with 1-3 blocks/steals a game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 31-42
Andrew has been having another great scoring season and his work ethic on the defensive end makes the Warriors one of the best defensive teams both at the perimeter and inside the perimeter. Wiggins has scored 20-23 points these days while grabbing 4-7 rebounds per game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 34-44
20-year old rookie Mobley keeps an exciting Cavs fan base and is already playing like a regular NBA star in his young career. The high-quality Athletic Center has scored in the 16-24 points range, grabbed 8-9 rebounds, and blocked 2-3 shots a game these days.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 33-42
GSW vs CLE DREAM11 LINEUP BALANCERS
- Jordan Poole(GSW ) had 11 points, 5 assists, 3 steals in the last game. What will Poole’s minutes count if Klay starts to play regular minutes? Will his usual scoring range reduce from 17+ to 9-14?
- Andre Iguodala(GSW ) had 5 points, 3 rebounds, 7 assists in the last game. Andrew has acted as a major playmaker off the bench and has continuously handed over 4-7 assists per game these days.
- Lauri Markkanen(CLE) had 15 points, 5 assists, 1 rebound, 1 block, 1 steal in the last game. Lauri has usually scored in the 11-15 points range and has grabbed 5-7 rebounds per game usually.
- Kevon Looney(GSW ) had 6 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, 1 steal in the last game. The defensive big has usually scored in the 6-9 range while clinching 6-9 rebounds regularly.
- Gary Payton II(GSW ) had 4 ppoints, 1 rebound, 1 steal in the last game. Gary has been a scintillating presence for the Warriors but will he be able to get even 10+ minutes once Klay gets going?
- Otto Porter Jr.(GSW) compiled 5 points, 7 rebounds in the last game. Otto has been up-and-down in terms of scoring but has grabbed 5+ rebounds in many games.
- Cedi Osman(CLE) had 14 points, 3 rebounds in the last game. Cedi has been scoring in the 13-14 points range regularly these days off the bench.
- Kevin Love(CLE) had 8 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists in the last game. Love has grabbed 7-11 rebounds per game and can score past 15 every now and then.
- Rajon Rondo(CLE) had 11 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal in the last game. Rondo had a spectacular debut for the Cavaliers but the team would like him to shoot better than 22%.
GSW vs CLE Dream11 Team
PG: G Payton, R Rondo
SG: D Garland(SP)
SF: L Markkanen, A Wiggins
PF: D Green(PP), E Mobley
C: J Allen
If you like our Dream11 Prediction Tips, please share this article with your friends, who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and YouTube for the best Dream11 Fantasy Tips.
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
Since VH1, MTV, Voot, and JIO TV are not going to show the game for the Indian viewers, the best way to catch this game is through the NBA League Pass. Forget the hassle of waiting for specific channels to showcase the game, just get the annual subscription of the NBA League Pass and have access to all games, both live, and full-game replays. To get the score, hop over to the official website of the NBA or just google the teams engaged in the matchup. For example “Warriors vs Cavaliers”.